General and Family Dentistry in Arlington and Nearby Areas of Northern Virginia
General dentistry centers on the prevention, identification and treatment of common dental issues. When choosing a general dentist, it is important to find a qualified professional who not only treats the problems affecting your gums and teeth, but offers you guidance on how to prevent these problems from escalating further or even occurring in the first place.
We strive to help you achieve and maintain a clean and healthy smile. During your routine cleaning and exam, we will look for signs of:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Jaw pain
- Tooth sensitivity
- Bad breath
- Oral Cancer
Patient education is a cornerstone of our practice. If we find a cavity, chipped tooth or other area of concern, we will thoroughly explain the situation to you and discuss all of your treatment choices and alternatives. At Arlington Dental Aesthetics, we offer a number of treatment options to address your general dentistry issues, including:
- Bridges and crowns: If you’ve lost a tooth or have a badly damaged tooth, dental crowns and bridges can help you protect existing teeth, prevent drifting teeth and restore the beauty and functionality of your smile.
- Onlays and inlays: Inlays and onlays are partial crowns that repair areas that are affected by tooth decay.
- Dental implants: Perhaps the most effective way to replace a missing tooth, dental implants replace both the missing tooth and the missing root. This not only improves the appearance of your smile, it provides you with the oral stability to bite and chew properly.
- Cosmetic dentistry: If you are concerned with the appearance of your smile, cosmetic dentistry services can help you achieve the bright, dazzling smile you desire. This branch of dentistry emphasizes the art of dentistry, not just the science, and can include smile-enhancing treatments such as teeth whitening and porcelain veneers.
- TMJ treatment: Your temporomandibular joint is one of the most complex joints in your body, connecting your lower jaw to your skull. Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) is a condition that occurs when this joint falls out of alignment.
- Emergency dentistry: When unexpected emergencies happen, you need a dentist you can rely on to see you as quickly as possible. Our commitment to meeting your emergency dentistry needs means that most emergency patients can be seen the same day. We understand that when you are dealing with a painful accident or sever tooth pain, every minute counts.
- Sedation dentistry: Fear of the dentist prevents thousands of people from getting the important dental care they need. With sedation dentistry, we can help ease your anxiety so you can get the treatment you’ve been postponing.