General, Cosmetic, and TMJ Dentists Serving Arlington, South Riding, and Nearby Areas of Northern Virginia
Good oral health is essential to overall well-being. Whether you are seeking a dentist for yourself or your kids, our experienced and knowledgeable dentists are committed to providing the world class care you and your family deserve. Our dedication to premium care and long-lasting patient relationships are just some of the many reasons people in Virginia choose to bring their entire families to our practices in Arlington and South Riding.
To schedule an appointment at our office in Arlington, please call Arlington Dental Aesthetics at 703-527-1020. To contact our South Riding location, please call South Riding Smiles at 703-327-7705 today.
General Dentistry Services
General dentistry centers on the prevention, identification and treatment of common dental issues. When choosing a general dentist, it is important to find a qualified professional who not only treats the problems affecting your gums and teeth, but offers you guidance on how to prevent these problems from escalating further or even occurring in the first place.
We strive to help you achieve and maintain a clean and healthy smile. During your routine cleaning and exam, we will look for signs of:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Jaw pain
- Tooth sensitivity
- Bad breath
- Oral cancer
Patient education is a cornerstone of our practice. If we find a cavity, chipped tooth or other area of concern, we will thoroughly explain the situation to you and discuss all of your treatment choices and alternatives. At Arlington Dental Aesthetics and South Riding Smiles, we offer a number of treatment options to address your general dentistry issues, including:
- Bridges and crowns: If you’ve lost a tooth or have a badly damaged tooth, dental crowns and bridges can help you protect existing teeth, prevent drifting teeth and restore the beauty and functionality of your smile.
- Onlays and inlays: Inlays and onlays are partial crowns that repair areas that are affected by tooth decay.
- Dental implants: Perhaps the most effective way to replace a missing tooth, dental implants replace both the missing tooth and the missing root. This not only improves the appearance of your smile, it provides you with the oral stability to bite and chew properly.
- Cosmetic dentistry: If you are concerned with the appearance of your smile, cosmetic dentistry services can help you achieve the bright, dazzling smile you desire. This branch of dentistry emphasizes the art of dentistry, not just the science, and can include smile-enhancing treatments such as teeth whitening and porcelain veneers.
- TMJ treatment: Your temporomandibular joint is one of the most complex joints in your body, connecting your lower jaw to your skull. Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) is a condition that occurs when this joint falls out of alignment.
- Emergency dentistry: When unexpected emergencies happen, you need a dentist you can rely on to see you as quickly as possible. Our commitment to meeting your emergency dentistry needs means that most emergency patients can be seen the same day. We understand that when you are dealing with a painful accident or sever tooth pain, every minute counts.
- Sedation dentistry: Fear of the dentist prevents thousands of people from getting the important dental care they need. With sedation dentistry, we can help ease your anxiety so you can get the treatment you’ve been postponing.
See What Our Patients Are Saying...
"Excellent practice. Very friendly, efficient, thorough, advanced and knowledgeable; exactly what you want in a dental practice. Dr. Oh treats my entire family, and the other dentists that I've had when Dr. Oh is out have been fantastic. I would be comfortable with any dentist here. Additionally, the hygienists are wonderful. Gentle, but thorough, and so friendly. Can't recommend enough."
"This is the best dental practice in the area. PERIOD! Customer service is excellent, quality of service is top notch, and the people who work there really care and make you feel comfortable. Kirsten is a sweetheart, and she’ll walk you through her procedure from beginning to end. She answers all your questions, keeps you at ease, and ensures you have the best treatment. I highly recommend Arlington Dental Aesthetics!"
Compassionate Family Dentistry
A family dentist is an essential element of your family’s overall health. Just like a family physician, your dentist can identify and address oral health issues which can be linked to underlying causes. Most importantly, our family dentists are committed to making sure that every member of your family has a happy, healthy smile.
At Arlington Dental Aesthetics and South Riding Smiles, we offer full service family dentistry that includes routine check-ups, cleanings and orthodontics to help your loved ones achieve and maintain strong, healthy smiles. Our family dentistry services include:
We understand that first impressions can last a lifetime, which is why we are committed to creating positive dental experiences for your child that will provide comfort and trust. We do all we can to make dental check-ups relaxing for children. Bringing your child to the dentist at an early age sets them up favorably in a number of ways:
- They are more likely to view dental visits as a normal part of life.
- They are less likely to be afraid of dental procedures.
- Good oral hygiene habits are ingrained from an early age.
- There is a greater chance of catching dental problems, such as bite alignment, early.
It is not uncommon to first bring your child to a pediatric dentist sometime around his or her first birthday, even if your child doesn’t have any teeth yet. This early interaction helps familiarize your child with the environment. Following their second birthday, children should begin attending routine check-ups every six months, just like an average adult patient should.
Childhood dental care is often predictive of future oral health, so the more you can prevent cavities in your children, the better off they will be in the future.
We take the extra step to make every member of your family feel cared for and at ease. Our family-friendly practices have toys and books to keep children entertained before their appointments, as well as TVs for calming distraction during treatment.
Children’s Dentistry Tips For A Lifetime Of Good Oral Health
Children learn the importance of a great smile at an early age, saying “cheese” for countless pictures and status updates. However, the benefits of a healthy smile involve far more than just a dazzling grin. Good dental health saves money, prevents needless discomfort and is crucial to a child’s general health.
As a parent, there are things you can do to help your child begin a lifetime of dental well-being, such as:
- Commit to oral hygiene right away: Family dentistry starts at home. When your child’s first tooth eventually emerges, clean it every day with a clean, damp cloth. As more teeth appear, move to a soft, small toothbrush. Work to reduce thumb sucking and pacifier use as quickly as possible.
- Teach good habits: Avoid gum disease and dental fillings by starting good habits early. Brush your child’s teeth twice a day until your child is able to handle the toothbrush alone. Once the evening brushing is complete, don’t give your child food or drinks (other than water) until the next morning. Avoid sugar.
- Childproof your home: Almost one out of every four school children suffers some type of dental trauma, usually resulting from falling or playing sports. Teach your child to use caution around obstacles, never push when playing and wear appropriate protective gear when participating in sports and physical activities such as bike riding and skating.
- Instill trust in dentists: Fear and anxiety can prevent people from visiting the dentist. In severe cases of dental phobia, individuals are panic-stricken at the thought of receiving dental treatment. To help your child avoid this fear, make it clear from a young age that dentists are important care givers. Don’t share your own fears or negative dental experiences. Limit the descriptions of dental procedures and avoid using terms like “painful” or “hurt”.
- Schedule dental appointments: It may be shocking to learn that almost half of children aged two to five have never visited a dentist. Making and keeping dental appointments with our gentle and compassionate children’s dentists can be incredibly important in setting your child up for good dental health throughout his or her life.
How Can I Find The Right Kid’s Dentist Near Me?
You want the best for your child. Just like any other healthcare provider, it’s important to find a children’s dentist whom you can trust to provide exceptional care and positive experiences.
Whether you’ve recently moved or are looking for a new dentist under your coverage, finding the perfect dental home for your whole family can be a daunting task. If you are looking for a new family or children’s dentistry near you in the Arlington or South Riding areas of Virginia, here are some things to help you make the right choice:
- Research the dental services offered. Services offered by pediatric dentists can vary widely. When looking for a family dentist, consider any special services your child may require. Most dentists will offer basic services like cleanings and fillings, but find out about the depth of your potential dentist’s services and their commitment to comprehensive family dentistry. Are they trained at treating TMJ? Do they have experience in orthodontics and cosmetic procedures? Our dentists are highly trained in a wide range of dental treatments, including cosmetic dentistry and neuromuscular dentistry.
- Find out if the office is kid friendly. For some kids, the dentist office can be a scary place. This is why it’s so important to look for a family dentist that provides a kid-friendly environment. We take pride in creating positive dental memories that will last a lifetime. We are patient and gentle with our young patients. We encourage good dental habits and understand the areas where kids commonly struggle.
- Visit the practice and meet the dentist. There’s only so much you can learn online. When you’re trying to decide which dentist is right for your family, go out and meet them. Make an appointment and get a first-hand impression of the demeanor of the doctor and the friendliness of the staff. Under the best circumstances, the relationship with your child and his or her dentist will last for years to come. Make sure you choose a dentist who is experienced, caring and compassionate. Our professional relationships speak for themselves. To our dentists and staff, our patients are like family. We invite you to visit either of our practices and see our commitment to positive patient experiences for yourself.
Contact Our Family Dental Offices In Arlington & South Riding, VA Today
Bringing your children in for regularly scheduled visits is important for two reasons: it strengthens their oral health and prevents dental phobia in the future. Our gentle children’s dentists understand how to work with kids and instill both comfort and confidence.
If you live in or near Arlington, Virginia, please call Arlington Dental Aesthetics at 703-527-1020 today to schedule an appointment. If our South Riding office is more conveniently located, contact South Riding Smiles at 703-327-7705.