A dental emergency can happen at any time. If you’ve suffered an unexpected and pressing dental problem our experienced emergency dentists at Arlington Dental Aesthetics and South Riding Smiles will take every step to address your problem right away. While we don’t offer 24-hour service, we want to help resolve your cosmetic or pain issue as quickly as possible.
To schedule your dental emergency visit now, please call Arlington Dental Aesthetics at 703-527-1020 or South Riding Smiles at 703-327-7705. If you have suffered significant trauma to your jaw or face, or if you are facing a serious health problem or other immediate danger, please call 911 or visit an emergency room immediately.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Something as seemingly simple as a toothache that won’t go away may be an indicator of a serious oral health issue. Common examples of dental emergencies include:
- Losing a dental crown, filling or other restoration
- Oral abscess
- Injury to the gums, tongue or other soft tissue
- A tooth that is completely knocked out of its socket
- Fractured teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Damaged braces
Whatever the nature of your emergency, our dentists know how to get you the treatment you need. If you are suffering a great deal of pain, our immediate priority will be to identify the source of your discomfort, relieve your pain and treat the problem so that you can go on with your life until a more conventional dental appointment is possible. In some cases, we may be able to provide the full treatment you need at the time of your emergency visit.
What Should I Do in Case of a Dental Emergency?
Every dental emergency is unique; in most instances, you can help to keep the situation under control by taking a few basic steps, such as:
- If you’ve suffered cuts or lacerations to your tongue or lips, make sure to properly clean the entire area.
- Bring failed or broken dental work with you to our office.
- Be sure to keep any broken tooth fragments.
- In the event of a lost tooth, if possible, try to slide the tooth back into the socket. If this is impossible, place the tooth in a glass of milk and bring it with you.
Above all else, stay calm. Our experienced dentists will do everything possible to get you on the path to recovery.
Contact Us Today
If you are suffering from a dental emergency, call us now to make an appointment. If you live in Arlington, Virginia, contact Arlington Dental Aesthetics at 703-527-1020. If you live in or around the South Riding area, please call South Riding Smiles at 703-327-7705.