You should never feel ashamed of your smile. Chipped, cracked and missing teeth can all have a serious impact on both your oral health and your confidence in professional and personal situations. Dental crowns and bridges are restorative dental solutions that can provide you with a strong, healthy and beautiful smile that you can enjoy for years to come.
If you have a weak, broken, chipped or missing tooth, please contact us today to schedule an appointment. If you live in the Arlington area, please call Arlington Dental Aesthetics at 703-527-1020. If you live in or around the South Riding area of Virginia, please call South Riding Smiles at 703-327-7705.
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a full-coverage tooth restoration option that is used to repair and protect a badly damaged tooth. Sometimes called caps, crowns cover the entire visible area of the tooth.
Dental crowns are ideal solutions for teeth that:
- Display areas of severe wear
- Are broken or fractured due to trauma
- Have large, failing restorations that need to be replaced have been treated with a root canal
- Are being replaced with dental implants
At Arlington Dental Aesthetics and South Riding Smiles, we are proud to provide all-porcelain crowns to our patients. Porcelain crowns have a life-like translucency that gives them an unparalleled aesthetic advantage over other types of dental crowns. We also offer other types of crowns to meet the needs of all our patients and their varying budgets and lifestyles, such as full gold crowns. Gold does have certain advantages especially when used on on a back tooth that experiences a significant amount of pressure every day.
Advantages of Porcelain Crowns
One of the most significant benefits of choosing a porcelain crown is the aesthetic beauty of your results. Unlike other crowns, porcelain can be customized to match the natural color of your existing teeth. Other advantages include:
- Support: Like other crowns, porcelain crowns support and fortify a tooth that is weak or damaged by decay or trauma. If your tooth is cracked or chipped, a porcelain crown will hold it together.
- Customization: Porcelain crowns can be customized to improve upon the color and shape of your existing tooth.
- Attractive look: A porcelain crown can change the appearance of your entire smile. With an attractive, natural-looking crown, you can eliminate unsightly distractions so everyone can enjoy your beautiful smile.
Delaying treatment for a broken tooth will only allow the problem to get worse. Eventually, your damaged tooth will be too compromised to continue functioning properly and a more invasive and expensive procedure may be necessary. Placing a full crown on your tooth will restore strength, function and aesthetics to your smile.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
While a dental crown is ideal for treating a single tooth with a cosmetic or structural issue, a dental bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. A bridge consists of one or more artificial teeth and a crown on either side to secure the prosthetic in place.
Filling the space left by a missing tooth is important for both the look and health of your smile. By choosing a dental bridge, you can enjoy benefits such as:
- Bite alignment
- Better ability to chew
- Improved speech
- Solid, stable tooth replacement
Contact Our Experienced Dentists Today
To learn more about dental crowns, bridges and other restoration options, please contact us today to schedule an appointment with our experienced, LVI-trained dentists. To book an appointment at Arlington Dental Aesthetics, please call 703-527-1020. To schedule an appointment at South Riding Smiles, please call 703-327-7705.