From minor adjustments to complete smile makeovers, our LVI-trained cosmetic dentists provide a wide range of individualized treatments to meet your unique dental needs. If you are seeking only a minimal change to achieve your ideal smile, dental bonding may be an appropriate solution.
To learn how Arlington Dental Aesthetics or South Riding Smiles can help you get the smile you desire, please call today to schedule an appointment with an experienced dentist. For Arlington, Virginia, please call 703-527-1020; for South Riding, please call 703-327-7705.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that can effectively address a number of superficial tooth imperfections. The process involves a composite tooth-colored resin compound to reshape your tooth’s surface. This bonding agent is then hardened with a special lamp and polished to produce a natural-looking result.
Cosmetic bonding can be used to treat teeth that are:
- Slightly misshapen
- Minimally gapped
- Lightly chipped
There are a variety of cosmetic dental treatments, such as dental crowns, that can address imperfections of your teeth. The best way to know if dental bonding is right for you is to schedule a consultation with our knowledgeable dentists. They will assess your situation and explain all of your treatment options in detail, so you can make an informed decision regarding your dental care.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a very common and effective procedure used to correct a multitude of aesthetic flaws with your smile. There are a number of advantages to choosing cosmetic bonding for your treatment. The most common benefits include:
- Affordability: Dental bonding is one of the easiest and affordable cosmetic dentistry solutions available.
- Convenience: While other options such as dental crowns and porcelain veneers must be uniquely crafted in a dental lab, requiring multiple visits to the dentist, the entire dental bonding process requires only a single visit to complete.
- Natural-looking results: The shade of the bonding material can be matched to the color of your natural tooth, providing a seamless blend with the rest of your smile.
- Minimally invasive: Dental bonding removes less natural tooth structure than other procedures such as crowns and veneers.
Is Dental Bonding Right for Me?
Dental bonding is a trusted and effective way to address a number of aesthetic imperfections. Like any treatment, cosmetic bonding has both pros and cons. At Arlington Dental Aesthetics and South Riding Smiles, we strive to provide you with a clear picture of your treatment options.
While popular, compared to other cosmetic dentistry procedures, the potential drawbacks of dental bonding include:
- Easier to chip, crack or break
- Change color over time
- Less versatile in the extent of treatment they can provide
During your visit with our cosmetic dentists, you will be informed of all your treatment options and receive a recommendation for the treatment that will best match your needs and expectations. Our goal is to empower you to make an informed decision about your dental care.
Contact Our Arlington or South Riding Office Today
To find out which tooth treatment is right for you, contact one of our friendly Virginia offices today. To reach Arlington Dental Aesthetics, please call 703-527-1020; to contact South Riding Smiles, please call 703-327-7705.